Green is Good

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

What's going on....

Well, tomorrow is a big day. I go in to sign the purchase agreement on my soon to be built home. I decided after much deliberation, to stay in Dexter. I personally, really wanted to go somewhere else. Pinckney, was my first choice. Chelsea and Ann arbor were shortly after, but in the end, I'll be in contention for my 15 year class reunion to win the award for "person who had the shortest drive to get here".

It was what was best for the girls I decided. They should stay in the same town each week so if they want to see their mom, or deda, or friends, it won't be a big deal. I'm buying a home off jackson road, just west of Parker. Sub is called Thornton Farms and I will be in the "marquette" on lot 76. It's 1900 sq feet and back against a tree line and decent sized creek, so for a sub as big as this one will be, i won't have many neighbors. It's the biggest lot in the sub, and i really wanted the girls to have some room to play in. The sub will be good with it's sidewalks and families for them i think, plus a pool! Which i know they will love! Financially, it's a lateral move. So my cost of living will be about the same....and i'm hoping building a home gives me something to do, but i'm sure some stress as well..but the good kind.

Work is goin' pretty well too. I had a great October, and am off to a really good start in November too. My main focus over the next 45 days is to get the girls ready for me leaving them half the week at the end of December and finding a place to rent for 5 or 6 months while my house is being built....So, i'll have plenty to do.

Here's a link of the pad...tell me what you think if you like :http://www.centexhomes.com/Detroit/351845_Plan.html I have the B elevation..the one in the middle

2 Comments:

  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Alicia said…

    Very good choice. That looks like a very fun project.

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good stuff bro...looks like it will be a nice place for you and the girls. Too bad I had to find out about it via the web...that's a bunch of $h!+ WHATEVER

     

Post a Comment

<< Home